Back to what I said earlier about “bcc,” remember that it is not always necessary or recommended to advertise everyone’s address. Use discretion when writing to a large group. Rule of thumb: treat their addresses with the same amount of care that you would want your own treated. Be courteous.
Some other suggestions:
- Watch your grammar – don’t get into “text or IM mode”
- Don’t shout at your recipients, i.e. refrain from using ALL CAPS like this
- Reply only if really necessary – think about it. How many “ok” emails do you get or send?? Are they necessary? Sometimes, yes, but not always
- Use effective subject lines that define the content of your intended message
- Keep your signature line to 4 lines or less